Making Mushroom Tea
If you have never enjoyed a cup of mushroom tea you sure are missing out. Some mushrooms mushroom tea will provide a high level of beta glucans, water-soluble polysaccharides, as well as certain triterpenes, all of which have antioxidant and health-stimulating properties while some mushrooms aka magic mushrooms provide you with psychedelic effects that leads you on a "trip" to spiritual and inner enlightenment.
No matter your reason for taking mushrooms you should understand mushroom tea is one of the simplest preparations you can add to your daily routine. Just like most things; when you prepare it yourself it always comes out better so let's dive in.
Warning in Advance:
Mushroom poisoning occurs from toxins found in certain mushrooms. It most commonly occurs after ingesting wild mushrooms that have been misidentified as safe. The symptoms of mushroom poisoning can vary, as can the severity. While some toxins can cause moderate symptoms like gastrointestinal discomfort, others can be lethal.
What is Mushroom Tea?
Mushroom Tea is basically an infusion made from some edible mushrooms and water which is palatable and has a huge spectrum of benefits including nausea and reduces vomiting. Mushroom Tea is generally made from Reishi mushrooms or psychedelic mushrooms which are both fit to consume and have numerous health benefits as well. The big question mark is how to make mushroom tea in a snap.
What are benefits of Mushroom Tea?
Mushrooms offer many health benefits that you can easily implement into your routine. Some of them are:
- Preventing Tumors
- Preventing the Development of Cancer Cells
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Eliminates Body Fat
- Regenerates and Repairs Damaged Cells
- Helps combat Stress and Anxiety
- Supports Brain Functions
- Helps combat Insomnia
Eating vs Drinking Tea
Why is magic mushroom tea easier on the stomach & why does consuming mushroom tea reduce the added effects of nausea generally associated with eating shrooms?
The process of converting shrooms into tea involves cooking the raw mushrooms and transforming them into a homemade psilocybin extract. One of the biggest contributors to the nausea we experience when ingesting shrooms is the hard to digest, raw mushroom materials we’re consuming - such as chitin which makes up the fungi’s cell walls.
Another key difference between eating shrooms and consuming shrooms in the form of magic mushroom tea, is that similar to lemon tekking, consuming mushroom tea can intensify the trip as well as make the trip come on faster, while having a slightly shorter duration overall.
How to make Mushroom Tea
How to make Magic Mushroom Tea
- Weigh out the dose of mushrooms. If you don’t have a scale, please get one! There’s nothing worse than taking fewer shrooms or more shrooms than you meant to, only to find out a couple hours in.
- Grind mushrooms into a powder. You can use a cannabis grinder or coffee grinder for this.
- Chop up some ginger and add to mushroom powder.
- Pour hot water over mushrooms and ginger (and optional tea bag).
- Let sit for 10-15 mins.
*** Adding any acidic ingredients to your tea will make your body absorb the Psilocybin much faster and, in turn, give you a faster and stronger Psilocybin experience.
How to make Reishi Mushroom Tea
Lingzhi or Reishi Mushrooms are acclaimed for their goodness of antioxidants and white blood cell boosting properties. Reishi Mushroom Tea is prominent for its earthy flavor with hints of pleasant bitter taste notes and this tea is generally consumed with some marjoram leaves or any dried flowers (rosemary, chamomile, peppermint, etc.), sweetener, and almond milk. Here is a comprehensible answer to how to make Reishi Mushroom Tea.
- 10 Fine Slices of Lingzhi or Reishi Mushrooms
- 8-10 Marjoram Leaves/ Marjoram Oil (5 drops)
- Hot Water (8 Ounces)
- Honey (2 tbsp)
- Lemon Juice
- Add 8 ounces of water to a saucepan/ kettle and let it heat until it starts to boil.
- Add finely chopped slices of Reishi Mushrooms to the saucepan, make sure to add the mushroom slices only when the water has started to boil.
- Reduce the flame and add 2 tablespoons of honey, marjoram leaves or oil, almond milk.
- Now let the infusion steep for the next 5-10 minutes or more according to your desired taste.
- Stir and sieve the concoction in a mug and add fresh drizzles of lemon juice.
- Serve and Enjoy!